Join Seekintoo as a Lead Software Engineer and transform how people think about cyber-security! For someone who understands big data and cutting-edge application development on the web and mobile platforms; this opportunity positions you to help clients manipulate, analyze and understand big security data. You thrive when making ideas into relaity, and helping more junior development staff feel the same!
What you will do:
Markup and Presentation HTML5 XML JSON CSS
Libraries jQuery Kendo UI Material Design and Material Design Lite
Technology and Protocols WebSockets HTTP/2
- Perform security assessments and design reviews to assess security implications for the introduction of new or differing technologies within customers' environments
- Provide specific guidance regarding security requirements and mitigations for securing business use cases with defense in depth
- Articulate the potential of cloud or SaaS solutions, and provide expert level architectural design guidance to realize excellence in technical strategy
- Serve as the subject matter expert and thought leader in technical areas related to SaaS deployments and associated security platforms
- Facilitate security architecture discussions around Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and virtualization strategies for cloud deployments
- Use best-of-breed security tools to provide protection and monitoring for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS services
- Engage with customers to understand their business drivers, discover enterprise challenges, assess application portfolios, design reliable and cost-effective hybrid cloud infrastructures, create transition plans, and develop business cases to justify cloud architecture efforts
- Ensure architecture related processes and standards are followed
Your background includes:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience designing and deploying security operations solutions (SIEM, Incident Response, GRC, and traditional security products,) or hybrid cloud solutions.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing architecture, technical design and implementations, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models
- Practical knowledge of the end-to-end information technology (IT) process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations in a secure development life-cycle waterfall, agile and continuous delivery model
- Adeptness with information security standards (e.g., ISO 17799/27002, etc.), rules and regulations related to information security and data protection, and Cloud Security Alliance best practices and guidelines
- Professional certifications include: IT security (e.g., CISSP) or Cloud Security-related certifications (e.g., vendor neutral (CCSK, Certified Cloud Professional/Architect, etc.) or Cloud vendor certification (VMware VCP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Google, IBM, etc.))
- Application of Vulnerability management, other detection, & response techniques while integrating security end-to-end in a fast-paced environment Familiarity with PCI, SOX and other compliance standards.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or another related Cloud providers
- Skill with migrating applications to Cloud environments
- A demonstrated understanding of the key technology components that make up cloud such as virtualization, networking, servers, storage, workloads/applications, containerization, micro-segmentation and federation Comprehension of market trends and technologies, a strong passion for continuous learning and a demonstrated intellectual curiosity in adopting fresh perspectives on leading industry standards, best practices, emerging trends, etc.
- Strong ability to present complex concepts to management, team members, and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to be a thought-leader in a team environment
- Demonstrated effective and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with SIEM deployment challenges and troubleshooting processes
Your primary work location will be our office in Calgary, AB, Canada. You will be required to travel up to 60% within Canada and the US, with a possibility of international travel up to 15%.
Seekintoo is an in-demand team of anti-hackers, who are battle tested with clients across private and public sectors. We've developed a global reputation for leading-edge cyber-security expertise, and consultants who pair knowledge of systems and infrastructure with proprietary iterative methodologies that keep hackers at bay.
Since our founding in 2012, we have successfully delivered for top Fortune 500 companies and Federal agencies in Canada. Our continued growth is a result of the talent, passion and ingenuity of our people. Seekintoo has an established a North American wide footprint with consultants in Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal and Seattle.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Seekintoo offers a range of great benefits including job stability, a comprehensive health care package, Paid Time Off, Paid Company Holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
We're not really into traversing the quagmire of "talent acquisition" software, services, and recruiting gimmicks. If you think you have what it takes just send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we like what we see we'll call back! It doesn't mean you have to stay up by the phone, we can leave a voice mail.